Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Top Rankin': The Soul Shakedown Party


Sorry for my absence and neglect ... but I'm back - and with some serious sounds!  

I'm in my hometown of Miami for the next couple of weeks diggin in the crates hard with my boy (and South Florida's hottest record collector) Mr. Brown aka Rankin' Brown.  We've hit some serious gold mines out here and bought a few collections, so of course I'll be posting some of the heat we've managed to dig up.

But before that ... 

I've posted a promo mix for my Soul Shakedown Party, which if u don't know is a monthly I started in Brooklyn, dedicated to the funkiest vintage roots, culture, rocksteady, and whatever we're feelin at the time, reggae music.  The Party features the Cool & Deadly Soundsystem, which is comprised of myself Prince Bam (PQ) and longtime BK veteran toaster, Squintee (of the mighty Macintosh Hi Powered soundsystem of the 80's) and a slew of special guests.

It's a great time ... and a perfect party for the summer heat.  The next date will be Saturday May 24th in Prospect heights at SODA Bar (629 Vanderbilt Ave) from 11 - 3am.  Be there!

Enjoy these very large chunes!



The Soul Shakedown Party - Mixtape Sampler - Mixed by Prince Bam (PQ)   
1 - Intro/Chosen Few - Do Your Thing
2 - Judah Tafari - Rastafari Tell You
3 - Lloyd Parks - We'll Get Over It
4 - Sylford Walker - Burn Babylon
5 - Bob Marley - Rainbow Country (Bam's Live Dub)
6 - Prince Lincoln - Whopping Good Vibration (PQ Edit)
7 - Inner Circle - Jah Music
8 - Donovan Carless - Be Thankful
9 - Sugar Minott - A Little Love (Prince Bam RMX)
10 - Cornell Campbell - Soul Rebel
11 - Jacob Miller - I'm a Natty Knotty
12 - Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - How Long Do I Have To Wait? (Ticklah RMX)
13 - BT Express - Herbs
14 - Carl Dawkins & The Wailers - Cloud Nine
15 - Al Barry & The Cimarons - Morning Sun
16 - Larry Marshall - Run  Babylon
17 - Christel & The Goldmaster All-Stars - Government Man
18 - Hugh Mundell - Oh How I Love Him
19 - Capital Letters - Smoking My Ganja
20 - Junior Delahaye - Rentman
21 - Blood Sisters - Ring My Dub (Bam Dub)
22 - Outro/Bob Marley - Soul Shakedown Party (Afrodisiac Soundsystem RMX)

1 comment:

pq (NYC) said...

to download the mix ... click on the words "divshare" on the player - it'll take you to the divshare site where all you have to do is click on the itunes icon on the right "Download Original" - enjoy!